Childcare Subsidy System
In order to help our researchers cope with the demands of both childcare and research, we provide financial assistance to cover part of the cost of nighttime, weekend, convalescent and after-school childcare.
Do you know the “Childcare Subsidy System”?
In FY2014, we were selected to participate in the MEXT “Program to Support Research Activities of Female Researchers (Organizations),” part of the Grant Program for Funds for the Development of Human Resources in Science and Technology. As part of the program, we provide financial assistance to cover part of the cost of nighttime, weekend, convalescent, and after-school childcare, with the aim of helping our researchers cope with the demands of both childcare and research.
Center for Gender Equality and Diversity, Meiji University,
Center for Gender Equality and Diversity, Support Office
Surugadai Campus, Academy Common 7F TEL: +81(0)3-3296-4644
Ikuta Campus, Main Building 2F TEL: +81(0)44-934-7603
Researchers of Eligibility
Any of the researchers at Meiji University who falls under any of the following (excluding a researcher who or whose spouse is taking maternity leave or child/family care leave).
1. Female researcher who is caring for a child/children of/under sixth grade at elementary school
2. Male researcher whose spouse is a researcher who belongs to university or incorporated administrative agency, and is caring for a child/children of/under sixth grade at elementary school
* “Spouse” includes a person whose marriage is not registered but who is admitted by Director of Center for Gender Equality and Diversity, Support Office that he/she is in a de facto marital relationship.
The maximum amount of the subsidy is as follows.
– One-half of the childcare cost (excluding entrance fee, annual fee, monthly fee, restoration fee)
– Up to 40,000 yen per child per year
Eligible Purposes of Using Childcare Services
This system provides financial assistance for the following services to support research activities.
(1) Nighttime and weekend (including Saturday) childcare services
(2) Convalescent childcare services
(3) After-school childcare services equivalent to (1) or (2)
* Using childcare services related to educational work such as entrance exam and makeup class does not apply.
How to Apply
(1) Please submit the required documents 1-4 (below) together to the Center for Gender Equality and Diversity, Support Office.
1. Childcare Subsidy Application Form/Childcare Services Utilization Status Sheet
(Childcare Subsidy Application Form/Childcare Services Usage Status Sheet)
2. Receipt (original/company seal (in square))
3. A copy of utilization details statement (with use date and time, use amount, transportation fee)
4. A copy of documentation to prove eligibility (maternal handbook, health insurance card (parent/child), etc./only for the first utilization)
(2) After the Support Office examines the application and when it considers providing financial assistance is appropriate, the subsidy is granted by transferring to the specified bank account. The provision of the subsidy is determined by the money transfer.
* For more information, please refer to Application Guidelines.
Support Period (FY2016)
April 1, 2016–March 31, 2017
* Retrospective claim only for childcare services used in FY2016 is accepted during the above period.
* For services used at the end of FY2016, we accept applications until April 3 of FY2017.